Let Us Install Your New Boiler in Springfield or Nixa
Plenty of homeowners in the Springfield area rely on boilers to keep themselves comfortable through our bitter winters. Unfortunately—and often at the worst possible time—these water-based systems can fail. And, when that happens, you and your family are left to fend off the cold. When help does arrive, you could find out your old boiler is past its prime and in desperate need of an upgrade or a replacement.
Making decisions about such a large expense can be frightening. Fortunately, you have Krueger Heating Air Conditioning Geothermal’s boiler experts around to recommend the proper system and ease the pain of the boiler installation process.
Contact Krueger for a quote on boiler replacement or installation in the Springfield area.
Why You Might Want to Convert from a Furnace to a Boiler
Your furnace in Springfield or Nixa just gave up the ghost. Now, you have to decide what to replace it with. When compared to centralized heating equipment—such as gas, oil, or electric-powered furnaces—boilers offer a number of advantages. These include:
- Enhanced Efficiency: Boilers are able to heat your home much more efficiently than a standard heating system. This is due, in part, to water’s ability to maintain heat.
- Less Air Pollution: Since boilers don’t rely on grimy, dusty ducts to convey heat, they don’t tend to cause air quality problems. The added humidity in the air also weighs down unwanted particles before they end up in your living space.
- Greater Lifespan: A well-maintained boiler can easily last 30 years or more, approximately a decade longer than the standard furnace. This allows you to go longer between system replacements.
- More Even Heating: Since boilers heat from the ground up, they aren’t prone to the cold spots common to central systems.
- Duct Free: Unlike a lot of other heating systems, boilers don’t require ductwork. If you live in an older home, this can be a real lifesaver.
While this is all well and good, be aware that the costs of converting from centralized heat to a boiler can be quite steep.
Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Boiler
As alluded to above, boilers are one of the longest-lasting HVAC systems in the Springfield area. They deliver comfortable, efficient heating for decades after installation. But, like all mechanical objects, they eventually break down and need replacement. Here at Krueger Heating Air Conditioning Geothermal we work and install many popular boiler brands. While at your home—likely for a repair—our boiler expert will take steps to determine if a new boiler is necessary. But there are signs it’s time to start saving for boiler replacement, the most obvious being:
- Boiler Age: If your system is past drinking age and requires frequent repairs, it’s likely time to spring for a new boiler installation. After a certain point, fixing your system becomes a money sink. Since all parts of your systems were manufactured at a similar time—often from the same materials—failures tend to come in waves.
- Leaks: Because your boiler relies on water to do its job, it’s likely to spring a leak at some point. While small leaks can be repaired, larger ones are often a sign of tank degradation. In many cases, a full system replacement is the best, most reliable fix for wide-scale leaking.
- Strange Noises: Is your boiler hissing, popping, or cracking? All these noises are signs that a Springfield boiler repair is in your future. In some cases, depending on the scale of the issue, our plumber will determine a new boiler is the best route. If that happens, we’ll provide an obligation-free quote on installation.
Why a Professional Boiler Installation in Springfield is Key
The most vital part of boiler installation begins long before our plumber installs it. You see, prior to our installation visit, we need to determine what type of unit is the best fit for your home. This depends on a number of factors including the size of your home and the desired lifespan of the boiler. Installing a unit that is too large or too small can lead to increased system wear and a drastically shortened service life. The formulas used to size a boiler are complicated, something best left to an HVAC professional.
Unlike your typical handyperson, our staff know what a properly installed boiler looks like. They know what fitting goes where and don’t need to constantly refer to the instruction manual. Additionally, many boiler warranties are voided if installed by an unlicensed professional. In almost all cases, the price you pay for a professional HVAC technician in Springfield is more than made up for by the peace of mind it guarantees.
The Best Way to Protect Your Boiler Investment
Regular boiler maintenance is the best way to ensure your new system works as intended. Having it checked once a year by a professional is the best way to prevent breakdown and maximize its efficiency. Between these annual calls, however, there are things homeowners can do to protect their boiler from early failure. These items include:
- System Bleeds: If you have a problem heating your home evenly, you should try bleeding the system. You can visit this page for information on doing this correctly.
- Check Air Vents: Regularly check your vents and flues for signs of dirt and blockage. If you notice any obstructions, remove them. This will ensure air flows freely throughout your system. You should also avoid laying items on your radiators.
- Check for Water Leaks: If you see your new boiler has a water level below the manufacturer’s recommendation, it can be a sign you have a leak. Check the surrounding area for any signs of dampness. Operating your system at a water deficit can lead to irreparable damage.
- Keep the Surrounding Area Clear: Boxes, bags, and other stored items should not be stored around your boiler. These obstructions can make your boiler work harder to do its job.
When It Comes to Installing a New Boiler in Springfield, Trust Our HVAC Pros
Krueger Heating Air Conditioning Geothermal is an experienced boiler installation company that’s proud to serve the Springfield area and has been doing so for over 20 years. We are locally owned and wholly committed to promoting the comfort of people in the towns we service. In addition to boiler replacement, we provide boiler repair and maintenance services. To learn more about our maintenance programs—or to get a quote on installing a new boiler—we invite you to reach out to us at (417) 883-6395. Our staff looks forward to making you smile and adding you to our long list of happy customers in the Springfield area.